Here is a simple recipe for your dog with a heart problem.
- 3 cups either boiled and diced white potatoes or sweet potatoes, or cooked brown or basmati rice
- 1 cup of either beef, chicken, or fish
- 4 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1 cup of low-salt canned or cooked asparagus pieces
- 1 tablespoon chopped dandelion greens (optional)
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
Set the cooked potatoes or rice aside to cool. Finely chop the garlic and let sit for 10 minutes in open air. Place the olice oil in a skillet and add either the beef, chicken, or fish. Add the parsley and dandelion greens (if using) and saute together until done. Cook the asparagus and set aside to cool. If using canned asparagus, keep the juice. Mix all ingredients together and serve.
This delicious recipe for heart dogs is from the book “Dr. Khalsa’s Natural Dog: A Holistic Guide for Healthier Dogs” by Deva Khalsa, VMD