The ideal cancer diet is high in Omega 3’s and protein and low in carbohydrates. This homemade cancer recipe is comparable to the prescription Hill’s n/d diet. This recipe has 35-40% protein; 30% fat, and 20% carbohydrate.
- 1/2 pound ground meat (turkey, chicken, lamb, or beef)
- 1/2 cup cooked potato (cooked with the skin), rice, or macaroni
- 4 tsp chicken fat, canola oil, or olive oil
- 1/8 tsp potassium chloride (salt substitute) or 1/10 tsp salt
- 1 multivitamin-mineral supplement
You should add Omega 3 fish oil to this recipe. Adding enough omega 3’s to be beneficial may be tough. For cancer there should be about 1,518 mg EPA/DHA per 100 kcal, the above recipe in 775 kcal. Work with your vet to try to get to this level.
This recipe from the book “The Natural Vet’s Guide to Preventing and Treating Cancer in Dogs” by Shawn Messonnier, DVM