This recipe for homemade greenies is an all natural, breath-freshening treat that all dogs will love.
Here are the ingredients for homemade greenies:
- 3-1/2 cups of organic brown rice flour
- 1 tablespoon activated charcoal
- 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup packed fresh mint
- 1/2 cup of packed fresh Italian parsley
- 1 cup of chicken broth or filtered water
- about 1 teaspoon of chlorophyll
- Parchment paper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine charcoal and flour and set aside. Put parsley, mint, oil and 1/4 cup broth or water into food processor. Process until very chopped, then add chlorophyll and pulse a few times to mix. Add to flour and charcoal and mix well. Beat egg lightly and mix into mixture. Knead, adding remainder of broth or water, until you have a very sticky and grainy dough ball. Dust counter with flour. Knead dough until an even green color. Roll out to about 1/4″ thickness, or until desired thickness. Cut into desired shapes. Bake 15-20 minutes. Cool and serve. Store leftovers in air-tight container in the refrigerator.
This all natural, breath-freshening, homemade greenies recipes from: The Swanson Vitamin Blog