Here is a yummy recipe that any dog is sure to love!
- 1/3 pound (uncooked weight) lean meat, such as turkey, chicken, lean beef, salmon; or other protein source like, 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese, 1 cup soybeans, or 3 hard boiled eggs
- 2 cups cooked long grain rice (preferably brown) or 2-3 cups mashed potatoes (baked or boiled with skin) or 2 cups cooked macaroni or other pasta
- 2 tablespoons canola or olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt or salt substitute (potassium chloride)
- Natural multivatimin/mineral supplement
- 4-6 bonemeal tablets or 1 – 1-1/2 teaspoons of bonemeal powder
- 1-2 – 1 cup fresh, raw, or steamed vegetables
Cook all ingredients in the canola oil or olive oil prior to feeding. Can be fed raw.
This yummy stovetop casserole is from the book “8 Weeks to a Healthy Dog” by Shawn Messonnier, D.V.M.